It’s not easy flying with a child, especially if you’re alone. Be it a baby, toddler or pre-schooler, your mind is always focused on 1. your child’s entertainment (a screaming baby for 3 hours among childless adults trapped in a metal tube is not cute) and 2. whether or not you’ll be able to “hold it” until you land (have you ever tried to go to the bathroom when you’re the only one responsible for that baby on your lap??). Traveling alone on an airplane with a baby is no joke. So even if you are really liking the idea of going to Manhattan for example, and then staying in hotels in manhattan, remember that if you are bringing your child, it might not be as relaxing as you might have hoped.
On Friday, I will be taking my FIRST EVER solo cross-country plane ride since I had #dailybabyavery. Before taking any trip it is always good to check out guides on the travel company you are going with. Travelfoot is really useful for anyone going to the Phillipines. My NYC girlfriends and I are skipping off to Napa Valley for the long weekend (yippee! Thanks #modernbocadad for staying behind this time) to celebrate a dear friend’s 30th birthday.
Yes, I’m looking forward to the wine. Yes, I’m looking forward to the girl talk. Yes, I’m looking forward to the many rounds of Cards Against Humanity we’ll be playing (of course I purchased the new 90’s Nostalgia Pack). But, what am I looking forward to most?
THE PLANE RIDE.
5+ blissful hours of Nothing. To. Do.
And what kind of Mommy Blogger would I be without listing the: Top 5 things I am Looking Forward to During Traveling Alone on and airplane with a baby
- Reading magazines. No joke, I am about 5-7 issues behind on Entertainment Weekly and New York Magazine. Don’t even get me started on the fashion glossies…
- Thank you notes. OK, perhaps I am not looking forward to the actual writing of thank you notes, but being able to bang 28 out while I’m flying across the country sounds good to me. Done and done.
- Cocktails. Hey- I got that Delta American Express card for a reason! 20% off in-flight beverages and no little hands to spill them? Yes, please.
- Silence. I don’t have to talk to anyone but the flight attendant if I don’t want to. Sorry fellow seatmate. No chit chat unless I need to get up to go to the ladies room.
- Sleep. I doubt I need to explain this one to any MBMom with a child under the age of 2, yes?
I’m off to go pack to get ready to fly the friendly skies…ALONE. Here I go, traveling alone on an airplane with a baby.
Or maybe I’ll bring her with me after all!
Am I right MBMoms or am I right? Did I leave anything off the list? If so, comment below and best of luck traveling alone on an airplane with a baby!
P.S. If you want to read some really hilarious posts about traveling with kids, be sure visit my FAVORITE Mommy Blog/Humor website: Mommy Shorts. The “traveling on a plane category” can be found HERE.