MOMpreneur: n. defined as a female business owner who is actively balancing the role of mom and the role of entrepreneur.
Welcome to our latest installment of MOMpreneur Monday, highlighting businesses and brands that were founded by female entrepreneurs and fellow Mommas!
Today’s featured Modern Boca MOMpreneur is Gigi Michaud, Owner of Gigi Tutors LLC, online tutoring for kids for All Subjects K-12, SAT/ACT Test Prep and College Admissions in South Florida.
INQUIRE THROUGH MODERN BOCA MOM’S LINK HERE
Tell us a little about your background and how you started Gigi Tutors…
Hi! I’m Gigi Michaud and I have over five years experience tutoring. Having a big family definitely impacted my decision to start my online tutoring for kids business as I understand firsthand the importance of quality education and the need for individualized attention. I have always had a passion to help kids thrive in their academics, helping to give them the tools they need to excel throughout their lives.
“My philosophy is to empower students to learn with confidence.”
Running any business comes with its challenges. I started my tutoring company about 1.5 years ago because of the challenges students were facing in traditional classroom settings. A majority of students DO NOT receive the support they need from their teachers, which results in lower academic confidence, poor performance, and falling behind.
Fortunately, this creates an entire market of students that I am able to help. Gigi Tutors helps students improve their grades, learn the necessary skills they need in school, excel in standardized tests, and give them the best shot at attending their preferred university.
What’s unique about Gigi Tutors, online tutoring for kids?
- Customized Tutoring – Each student has different needs. Whether it’s math, science, reading, writing, test preparation or college admissions, Gigi Tutors customizes the tutoring plan around each student’s goals.
- Learning Disabilities – I have many students with different learning disabilities and challenges. My experience in tutoring kids with learning disabilities and providing a safe academic environment ensures their success.
Expectations When Working With Gigi Tutors, online tutoring for kids:
- Transparency – I will tell you exactly what your child needs from the beginning. As a tutor/consultant, I am very honest and want all expectations to align from the start.
- 100% Academic Satisfaction
- Professionalism – I am always on time, reliable, and you can count on me to help your kids!
- Extra Materials – I provide extra learning materials, lesson plans, and resources for all my students outside of our tutoring sessions.
- 24/7 Support – All parents and students have access to my personal phone number. I am always available to help!
What exciting things are coming up for Gigi Tutors?
In the near future, I would like to hire more tutors to scale my business. I am also working on publishing a children’s book called, “Time Taming With Lily: A Gigi Tutors Adventure”, which will be released in Summer 2023. The book teaches time management and many other valuable life lessons to students.
What do you love about working and living in South Florida?
The weather is amazing and there are so many cultural and educational opportunities in our area. Additionally, the diverse population allows me to work with students from all different backgrounds and cultures, which is incredibly rewarding!
Connect with Gigi Tutors: