Every now and then, our town lands itself a business concept that is a true hole-in-one. In 2013, it was the launch of the game-changing Boca VIPediatrics, which solves the problem of so many busy parents looking for ‘pediatrician-in-your-pocket’ care for their kiddos. They turned the sometimes frustrating world of pediatrics right-side-up with their innovative approach to “membership medicine.” What is membership medicine? In their practice, “VIP” kids and families gain direct access to their pediatrician 24/7 via email, text, and phone, not to mention zero wait times, more time with the doctor, and their own brand of small town service.
Fast forward a few years, and I’ve watched their concept grow from leaders in the healthcare community, to waiting list status, to 4 full-time pediatricians, and now Boca VIPediatrics is expanding… Continue reading Buzz-Worthy Boca VIPediatrics Is Expanding
I am less than a year away from my 40th birthday. I can’t believe it. When I went to my annual OB appointment this summer, she ended our meeting with a promise to schedule my first mammogram next year. Little did she know (I meant to mention it), I’ve already had my first mammogram. You can read all about one of the scariest days in my life here.
Luckily, all was fine in my case, but I’ve been a big proponent of mammograms and women’s health since. Getting a mammogram locally in West Boca is quite easy in fact! I’ve written about so many great services at West Boca Medical Center— from their maternity offerings to having the only pediatric ER in town.
But did you know they also have a top notch West Boca Diagnostic Imaging Center?
Located conveniently on west Palmetto Park Road, picture a peaceful, spa-like atmosphere. Getting a mammogram in West Boca has never been fancier! West Boca Diagnostic Imaging Center has 3D Mammography technology and fellowship-trained radiologists specially trained in breast imaging. To ease your stress, same day mammogram results are available upon request and breast MRI and ultrasound available if further testing is needed. Stereotactic, ultrasound guided, and MRI-guided breast biopsies are also available.
But, you need to plan ahead.
Here are a few things to be mindful of as you prepare and plan for your mammogram in West Boca:
- Please inform them of the location of any prior mammograms so they may retrieve any images prior to your appointment. Having your previous results for comparison allows their radiologists to identify breast changes earlier!
- Please inform the technologist if you have any current breast health concerns. When you register, you will be asked to provide information regarding any prior breast surgeries or hormones taken, as well as family or personal history or family history of breast cancer.
- Please bring any completed forms, as this can help save you time.
- Schedule your mammogram for a time when your breasts are not tender or swollen. Avoid scheduling a mammogram 5-7 days before your period. This is to help prevent discomfort and to allow your technologist to capture the best pictures possible. The ideal time to schedule your exam is 5-7 days after your period.
- Avoid caffeinated food and drinks such as coffee, tea, soda or chocolates 5-7 days before your mammogram. (Easier said than done, but do your best!)
- On the day of the procedure, please do not wear deodorant, talcum powder or lotion under your arms or on your breasts prior to the exam. These can produce artifacts on the mammogram which mimic calcium spots and may require retaking your images. Us moms don’t have time for that!
- If possible, wear loose-fitting, comfortable, two-piece clothing so you can remove only your top during the exam.
To schedule a mammogram in West Boca, please visit westbocamedctr.com or call (561) 417-7920.
West Boca Diagnostic Imaging Center
7070 West Palmetto Park Road, Boca Raton, FL 33433
Sponsored: This blog post is sponsored by West Boca Medical Center. All opinions expressed in this blog post are my own and not influenced in any way by the sponsor. Any statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with provider and please refer to this site’s Disclosure for more information. I have been compensated, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
All photos in this post was taken by HSGORDON Photography.
Us parents tend to have a love/hate relationship with check-ups for our kids, am I right? Sure, they’re an important milestone for our Boca kids. They need that yearly physical! It’s the best way to track progress as our little ones grow with their trusted pediatrician. Whether you do a well check-up with your pediatrician before the start of summer camp or when the school year begins, or right around your child’s birthday, it’s important to get a baseline check-up to keep your Boca child the healthiest.
But what should a pediatric check-up consist of, anyway? We all know we need those updated school/camp forms, but how can we make sure our kids are staying on target in terms of wellness, exercise, nutrition, sleep, behavior, study habits, etc.?!
I asked the experts at Boca VIPediatrics and Boca’s favorite pediatricians, Dr. Rudnick, Dr. Gilbert, Dr. Fisch, and Dr. Alex just how a well child check-up should go in a perfect world. What questions should we moms (and dads) be asking? What information should we be receiving from our pediatrician? Are we doing everything we can to keep our child the happiest and healthiest?
Continue reading The Essential Check-Up Checklist for Boca Raton Parents
With back-to-school season comes…back-to-school kids’ injuries! 🙁 Just because we’re (still) in a pandemic doesn’t mean other accidents aren’t happening. You’d think us parents would get a pass right now? Nope! Good thing our city has amazing pediatric emergency care in Boca Raton at local hospital, West Boca Medical Center. I feel so much better as a mom knowing that they’re there if we need them.
Continue reading Finding the Best Pediatric Emergency Care in Boca Raton