In an effort to save our collective parental holiday sanity, MBMom has consolidated the BEST 2020 South Florida Holiday events and activations into a handy guide (***to be updated regularly***), with a star* next to the ones my family and I are making special efforts to attend (safely, of course). 🙂
They are organized from NORTH TO SOUTH for your convenience. Happy Holiday SEASON MBMoms!
Downtown Palm Beach Gardens Holiday Events | Through December 31
Holiday Light Show
- WHEN: November 27-December 31– runs every hour on the hour from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- WHAT: The family-friendly Holiday Light Show features thousands of holiday lights synchronized to classic holiday tunes.
- WHERE: By the waterfront at Downtown Palm Beach Gardens; MORE INFORMATION HERE
11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Ave.
Palm Beach Gardens
City of West Palm Beach’s Sandi Tree Will Bring Home ‘Hope’ for the Holidays| December 6-December 31
- Santa at Sandi (Saturday 12/19 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. during Sandi’s Pancake Breakfast; Sunday, 12/20 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.) – Children will have the chance to share their annual wish lists with Santa, at a safe distance, with Santa tucked inside a snow globe. City staff will encourage social distancing while families wait in line, but visitors are welcome to take pictures from outside of Santa’s globe. Visits with Santa are free.
- Sandi’s Pancake Breakfast at the West Palm Beach GreenMarket (Saturday 12/19 from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.) *This second annual activity features a $5 per person pancake breakfast, complete with custom toppings, such as chocolate chips, whipped cream, and fruit. Tables will be appropriately spaced and CDC guidelines followed. Tickets can be purchased here. Breakfast attendees will have private access to photos with Santa in his snow globe.
- Sing-Along and Storytime with Sandi (Sunday, 12/20 at 5:00 p.m.) – Families are invited to gather at Sandi Tree’s base for an unforgettable experience. Sandi will lead a sing-along of holiday favorites and read holiday-themed books aloud. The event is free, but registration is required to ensure adequate space to social distance. Santa will appear in his snow globe immediately following at 6 p.m. Reservations can be made through the City’s website: www.wpb.org/events.
- Sandi and Hope’s Last Fla-mingle (Thursday, 12/31 from 6:00 p.m. – midnight) – On New Year’s Eve, Sandi and Hope will present their last song and dance to usher in 2021 properly. The lights and music show will be extended for the holiday.
- Surprise Pop-Up Entertainment – Unexpected entertainment elements will pop up throughout Sandi’s visit. Come often and stay alert so you do not miss out on the festive and memory-making fun!
Holiday Fun At Rosemary Square | Through December 31st
As the second season at the newly redesigned Rosemary Square approaches, make plans to visit the enchanted destination anchored by a modern twist of a holiday tree. The majestic Wishing Tree, a 32-foot-tall LED banyan tree, will feature a spectacular light show every night from Nov. 14-Dec 31 topped with a holiday star!
- Participate in edible wreath-making classes made of rosemary by the Garden Shoppe. It’s a retail garden shop that offers locally grown produce and edible plants by Master Gardener Mike Kane. People can join a socially distant workshop or tune in to Mike’s how-to video posted on Rosemary Square’s social channels.
- Impress your loved ones with customized Rosemary Square gift-wrapping paper by local artist Sarah LaPierre, using the rosemary branch as the design. In addition, the United Way will be running gift wrapping stations on the following dates: Dec 18, 19. $5 per gift with all proceeds going to United Way.
- Create lasting photo memories with Santa Claus under The Wishing Tree with no-contact visits available on weekends from Nov 14 through Dec 24 via reservation only.
- Enjoy a mesmerizing nightly snowfall that will paint the town from at 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. complementing The Wishing Tree light show; with the exception of Thanksgiving. People can also tune in to the spectacle on Rosemary Square’s Instagram.
- Pop-up musical performances
Additional socially-distant festive activities including a mistletoe photo trail, ugly sweater brunch and pet photos with Santa.
700 S Rosemary Ave. Suite 200
West Palm Beach
Zoo Lights at the Palm Beach Zoo| Through January 9; 6:00-9:00 p.m. REQUIRED Timed Entry
- Zoo Lights presented by FPL Solar Now, will illuminate Palm Beach Zoo & Conservation Society with more than one-million eco-friendly LED lights this holiday season.
- Three arrival time slots (6:00, 6:45 and 7:30 p.m.)
- The Zoo will open after regular hours on select nights November 27th through January 9, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. for a WILD holiday celebration.
- Enjoy a socially distanced outdoor stroll in nature, get your family photos with Santa, make s’mores, dance to the D.J. playing family-friendly holiday music and more! MORE INFORMATION HERE
1301 Summit Blvd.
West Palm Beach
Holiday Happenings At Legacy Place | Through December 19
Drive-In Movies, family photos & drive-through milk & cookies with Santa Claus all support the Palm Beach Gardens Police & Fire Foundation Annual Joy Drive. MORE INFORMATION HERE
11290 Legacy Ave. #200
Palm Beach Gardens
2020 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Delray/Boynton Beach
100 ft. Christmas Tree | Through January 1
One of the best trees in the USA – For 26 years, Delray residents and visitors alike have marveled at the Famous 100 Ft Christmas Tree.
In 2016, it was named by Travel & Leisure the best Tree in the state of Florida, right up there with the trees at Rockefeller Center and the White House. Building the Tree is a month-long community event that brings together people of all ages and all walks of life.
Downtown Holiday Window Decorating Contest | Through December 25
Downtown Delray Beach is hosting a Holiday Décor Window Contest and businesses are creating festive displays in their windows and throughout their stores.
Stroll downtown from December 1 – December 20 and vote for your favorite merchant for the #peopleschoiceaward. A panel of Judges will also vote on different categories.
List of Participating stores COMING SOON! MORE INFORMATION HERE
Santa Paws Is Coming To Town | December 19; 10:00 a.m.
- “Santa Paws and the Puppy Pit” will kick off with ‘Doggy and Me’ Yoga led by instructor Marisa Manipura. The hour-long session is free and open to the public but pre-registration is strongly recommended as space is limited to 20 participants.
- The event will then be followed by pre-holiday dog adoptions from local rescue, Pawtential K9 Inc., until 4pm. Along with live music and raffle prizes throughout the afternoon, Christmas will come early for the first three new dog moms or dads as Johnnie Brown’s will cover their adoption fees.
- Love dogs but not looking to adopt? There’s still a chance to make a donation at Johnnie Brown’s puppy kissing booth. Tickets will be $1 for a kiss and $2 to watch. MORE INFORMATION HERE
301 E Atlantic Ave
2020 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Boca Raton
A Virtual Noon Year’s Eve Party!
Holiday Lights Brighten The Night
- As a reminder, all City-sponsored holiday events have been cancelled this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, residents can view almost a quarter of a million lights on display throughout the City during the holiday season.
- Sanborn Square | 72 Federal Hwy. | See the traditional holiday display of a 25′ artificial holiday tree with more than 7,500 lights through the New Year.
- City Hall | 201 W. Palmetto Park Rd. | The historic banyan trees feature a twinkling blanket of lights with illuminated snowflakes hanging below.
- Clock Tower at Mizner Park Amphitheater | 590 Plaza Real | The clock tower at the northern end of Mizner Park features even more dazzling snowflakes stopped in “time” along the sides of the tower.
*Get Your Hart-T-Tree Farms Tree at One of Their 14 Lots!
Since 1980, Hart-T-Tree Farms has been providing Floridians in Broward and Palm Beach counties with the region’s freshest and most beautiful Christmas trees grown and harvested on their farm.
Throughout each holiday season, they harvest beautiful Fraser Fir trees which are quickly shuttled to 14 Hart-T-Tree lots throughout South Florida in order to ensure the long-lasting enjoyment of your Christmas tree. MORE INFORMATION HERE
4901 N. Federal Hwy.
Boca Raton (former Office Depot lot)
- Get into the holiday spirit at Mizner Park with decorations galore including a 47’ animated holiday tree located at the South end of the center near Yard House (not at the Mizner Park Amphitheater).
- There will be no public holiday tree lighting ceremony or event this year.
- Five 25-minute free musical Tree performances will happen nightly from November 21 through the holiday season at 5:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 8:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. The tree will be illuminated between shows. MORE INFORMATION HERE
327 Plaza Real
*Meet Santa Virtually At Boca Center| December 5
Bring your kids to enjoy a special time with Santa as he virtually livestreams from his North Pole workshop. You’ll not only get access to your digital photo but also receive a photo print onsite!
Please RSVP here by selecting a time slot as we aim to keep everyone socially-distanced and safe while having a merry time. $20 per guest ~ 100% of proceeds benefiting SPIRIT OF GIVING MORE INFORMATION HERE
5150 Town Center Cir.
Breakfast With Santa At We Rock The Spectrum | December 20; 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
9060 Kimberly Blvd. #36-39
*Safe Holiday Photos with Santa at Town Center at Boca Raton & Treasure Coast Square | Through December 24; Monday – Saturday from 1 – 7:00 p.m. and 1 – 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Simon® is pleased to announce a safe and socially distanced Santa visit for families as part of the Simon Santa Photo Experience at Town Center at Boca Raton and Treasure Coast Square. Santa arrives on Friday, November 27th and will be available for socially distanced visits until Christmas Eve.
Things to know before you go:
- Reservations are required. Make Santa reservations today by clicking here.
- For everyone’s safety, visiting Santa will be a socially distanced experience.
- Santa and his helpers will be wearing masks throughout the duration of each visit. MORE INFORMATION HERE
6000 Glades Rd.
2020 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Ft. Lauderdale
*Holiday Fantasy of Lights Drive-Thru| Through January 2; 6:00-10:00 p.m. at Tradewinds Park Coconut Creek
The drive thru is a nightly experience where you can enjoy three miles of giant illuminated lights and displays. This is a “stay in your car” event.
Online ticket purchase is available. MORE INFORMATION HERE
3600 W Sample Rd.
‘Tis the Season for the Water Taxi’s Holiday Light Cruises| December 4-30
- With the return of the Fort Lauderdale’s Water Taxi’s Holiday Lights Cruises, it really is the most wonderful time of the year. Cruises will begin December 4th, so be ready to get in the holiday spirit with Water Taxi!
- Each Holiday Light Cruise features an hour and a half hour ride along the beautiful Intracoastal, where guests can enjoy the dazzling holiday lights glowing and gleaming off the beautiful waterfront homes. MORE INFORMATION HERE
Polar Express Pajama Party| December 19; 2:00 p.m. at Museum of Discovery & Science
Start a family tradition and wear your pajamas or elf costumes for this festive event! Enjoy all Museum exhibits and a holiday science show and holiday craft decorating. The ticket also includes an invitation to journey to see the Polar Express in the AutoNation® IMAX® Theater starting at 4 p.m.
- Museum Member: $20 each adult/child
- Non-members: $30 each adult/child
Price includes all activities, Museum exploration, movie and commemorative Polar Express bell. MORE INFORMATION HERE
401 SW 2nd Street
Historic Stanahan House Offers Holiday Photo Sessions| Starting December 4
This holiday season the Historic Stranahan House in downtown Fort Lauderdale is inviting families to create a special memory in Broward County’s oldest and most historically significant home. Beginning Friday, December 4, photographer Clay Wieland will offer mini-photo sessions in front of the beautiful Victorian Christmas tree for a picture-perfect holiday card.
The Stranahan House will be adhering to guidelines from the CDC, Department of Health and local and state government officials and is following all capacity and distancing requirements, including wearing face masks upon arrival. No parking is available on-site. Metered parking is available near Stranahan House including in the adjacent Riverside Hotel parking garage.
The cost of the mini photo session is $50 per family of four. Please call for accommodations of families greater than four. Advanced registration is required by clicking here. For any additional information, call (954) 524-4736 email firstname.lastname@example.org. MORE INFORMATION HERE
335 Southeast 6th Avenue
Noon Years Eve| December 31; 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Museum of Discovery & Science
Join at MODS as they resume full daily operations to the community and ring in 2021 with the return of one of their most popular events!
- Ball Drop– Countdown ‘til 12:00 p.m. (noon) with a special MODS ball drop to usher in 2021!
- Noise Makers– Craft along with our MODS makers to get some noise going when the clock hits 12:00 p.m.!
- Kids Pop Dance Floor– Boogie on down and bounce around on our dance floor with extra pop!
Free with Museum admission. Registration required. MORE INFORMATION HERE
401 SW 2nd Street
BONUS! 2020 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Orlando
Fantasy World Resort| Through January 2nd
This holiday season, FantasyWorld Resort – a family-friendly resort destination in Kissimmee, Fla. – is inviting kids and kids at heart to come together for a host of memorable festivities with “Home for the Holidays,” a celebration running from Nov. 30 through Jan. 2 that is free for all – overnight guests and one-time visitors alike.
And, for an even more immersive holiday experience, visitors are invited to show off their moves on a 600-square-foot synthetic ice-skating rink. Guests are welcome to bring their own skates and 30-minute skate rentals will be available for $4.95 per person; this rental fee is waived for FantasyWorld Resort Rewards members (the Rewards program is free to join and offers great perks such as complimentary grab’n go breakfast and welcome drinks).
FantasyWorld Resort’s “Home for the Holidays” event will be socially distanced; in accordance with CDC guidelines, a limited number of people will be permitted into the photo set area and on to the ice rink at a time. Masks will be required for both staff and guests.
“Home for the Holidays” will be open seven days a week, from 1-8 p.m. And, those staying at FantasyWorld Resort can close out their evening of festivities at their own, private two-story villa (that sleeps up to six!) and enjoy all the safe, secure and fun amenities FantasyWorld Resort has to offer – including water slides, a lazy river, poolside cabanas, a 6,000-square-foot pet park and more. MORE INFORMATION HERE
Pin for Later!