In an effort to save our collective parental holiday sanity, MBMom has consolidated the BEST 2018 South Florida Holiday events into a handy guide (***to be updated regularly***), with a star* next to the ones my family and I hope to bump into you while attending.
They are organized from north to south for your convenience. Happy Holiday Season MBMoms!
Modern Boca Mom is a Sponsor for the Boca Raton Toy Drive!
I am so excited to partner with the Boca Raton Tribune for their XI Boca Raton Toy Drive! Spread Your Holiday Spirit at Sugar Sand Park on Sunday, December 2nd from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and don’t forget to bring your new, unwrapped toy to donate!
2018 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: West Palm Beach
- *This December, the City of West Palm Beach is rolling out the red carpet for one of the BIGGEST celebrities ever during Holiday in Paradise. Taking center stage on the West Palm Beach Waterfront is Sandi, the World’s ONLY 600-ton sand tree. Truly the star of the show, Sandi is a staggering 35 feet tall and dazzles crowds with nightly music and light shows starting at the November 29th Clematis by Night Tree Lighting, through December 31st.
- Sandi’s phenomenal supporting cast includes four additional, award-worthy sand sculptures and tons of FREE family fun including a backstage peek in Sandi’s Dressing Room and the whimsical SnowieVille, where kids can build a tropical snowman. The popular Glow FORE It 9-hole Mini Golf returns to the Waterfront along with over a dozen of your favorite City events.
- Sandi shares the limelight with unique holiday happenings in Downtown West Palm Beach, Northwood Village, and the Historic Northwest District. Get more information HERE.
Sandi Light Shows- Lights, Cameras, Action!
- See Sandi… the Star of the Show! Sandi comes to life nightly during music and light shows on the quarter hour, starting at 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday-Thursday: 6:15 – 10:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 6:15 – 11:00 p.m.
(Show times subject to adjustment during special events.)
Holiday Season at Palm Beach Outlets
Palm Beach Outlets will continue to offer a present of its own this holiday season, giving each family two free professional Santa photos along with a digital download of a single image. (One giveaway per family, per Christmas season. Some restrictions may apply.) Additional photos and Christmas merchandise will be available for purchase. This special holiday giveaway will begin with the arrival of Santa Claus on Nov. 17 and continue through Christmas Eve, Dec. 24.
Palm Beach Outlets will officially kick off its holiday shopping season at 9 a.m. on Sat., Nov. 17, with a host of kids’ activities and the arrival of Santa. At 9:30 a.m., Santa will arrive in a horse-drawn carriage amidst a host of snow flurries! He will be joined by the Ralph Lauren Bear and other characters that include a stilt walker, balloon artist, snowman and Rudolph, strolling photo booths and the sounds of continuous holiday music.
Then on Nov. 27, as part of #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving back, guests are invited to bring their pets for a FREE pet picture with Santa. A donation of $10 is suggested with all proceeds benefiting Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League. A second pet photo night will be held from 6-8 p.m. on Sun., Dec. 16.
Another one of the shopping center’s most popular events — Santa’s Breakfast — will take place on Sat., Dec. 1. This FREE event provides opportunities for parents and children to enjoy a complimentary buffet breakfast and free Santa photo, decorate cookies, make holiday crafts, win prizes, and engage in other activities.
From 5 to 7:30 p.m. on Sun., Dec. 9, Palm Beach Outlets will host a Chanukah event in Center Court. The festive occasion will include menorah lighting, music, dancing, latkes and a BMX bike demonstration.
For more information, call Palm Beach Outlets at (561) 515-4400 or go online to www.palmbeachoutlets.com.
Photos with Santa at the Palm Beach Zoo
Make it a holiday tradition at Palm Beach Zoo! Bring your camera, and meet and snap pics with jolly old Saint Nick from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. Plus, make a surprise holiday craft and enjoy complimentary rides on the Wildlife Carousel. Included with regular Zoo admission.
Garden of Lights: A Winter Holiday Event at Mounts Botanical Garden | November 24th-December 30th
Mounts will be all a-twinkle in the evenings during the holiday season with thousands of holiday lights hanging from the trees, illuminating the walkways and landmark structures, with colorful LED trees and glowing light-balls, all along an easy-to-follow route throughout 15 different garden areas – the perfect way to light-up the holidays for joyous visitors of every age, romantic disposition, and spiritual leanings.
In addition, Mounts will present live dance performances and musical presentations from local schools and academies during GARDEN OF LIGHTS: A Winter Holiday Event.
Daily – 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. $10 per person; $5 for children 5 to 12. Tickets are available for purchase at the Garden’s main gate. To schedule a group tour, call 561-233-1757.
The Nutcracker Performances
- Ballet Palm Beach leaps into the season with holiday classic, The Nutcracker, the coming-of-age story of Marie who receives a mysterious gift on Christmas Eve. Adventures ensue as Tchaikovsky’s score draws Marie into a terrifying battle with the Mouse King, past a mystical snowstorm, and to the prince’s Enchanted Kingdom. (For all ages.)
- November 30- December 1 at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts – Dreyfoos Hall: 701 Okeechobee Boulevard in West Palm Beach
- December 13-16 (Thursday at 7:30 p.m., Friday 7:30 p.m. & Saturday 2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m. & Sunday 4:00 p.m.) at The King’s Academy Page Family Center for the Performing Arts – 8401 Belvedere Road in West Palm Beach
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, The Musical!
- *Kravis Center for the Performing Arts – Dreyfoos Hall at 701 Okeechobee Boulevard in West Palm Beach: Tickets Here!
Two Miracle Pop Up Bars for the Holidays
- *Miracle, the beloved Christmas themed pop up bar will have two locations in Palm Beach County this year–one in City Place in West Palm Beach and one in Delray at Death or Glory. Miracle on Rosemary, 550 South Rosemary Avenue, Suite 158, will be open noon to 1 a.m. and Miracle at Death or Glory will be open daily from 4 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Launching the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 23, both Miracle locations will offer seasonally themed cocktails in a festive setting through New Year’s Eve, Monday, December 31. More information: www.miraclepopup.com
Downtown at the Gardens Holiday Tree Lighting
- Downtown at the Gardens Holiday Tree Lighting is hosting another kid-friendly holiday event. The kick-off is on Saturday, November 24th from 5-8:00 p.m. in Centre Court!
- Enjoy a dazzling light show and tree lighting, a special visit from Mrs. Claus, cookies & milk station, holiday letter-writing station, festive stilt walkers and much more!
Santa Claus is coming to town! Kick off the jolliest time of the year with a parade to welcome Ole Saint Nick to The Gardens Mall on Friday, November 16. At 6 p.m., the Palm Beach Gardens High School Marching Band will escort Santa to the Enchanted Garden in the Grand Court.
You’ll feel the warmth of the season as you sip hot cocoa from the chocolate bar, mingle with holiday characters, and enjoy activities and giveaways from multiple retailers. Starting at 6:30 p.m., you can whisper your wish list into Santa’s ear and get your photo taken (or even snap a selfie!).
Hoffman’s Chocolates’ Winter Wonderland is here!
Through December 30th! Located at 5190 Lake Worth Road in Greenacres, Winter Wonderland Admission is FREE & Highlights include:
- Panthers in Palm Beach Ice Skating Rink – A 2,400-square foot real ice-skating rink will be open November 17 through December 30 offering 60-minute skate sessions.
- Ice skating tickets include skate rental: $15 per person; $13 per person for groups of 10 or more; and $10 per person for military veterans and first responders.
- Ice skating rink will be available: Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. – 10 p.m.; and Saturday and Sunday, 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Please note Ice Skating Rink Closures: Ice skating rink will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve, the ice skating rink will have early closure on Christmas Eve at 6 p.m.
- Santa’s Village presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital – An 800-square-foot expanded holiday village decorated with poinsettias and holiday cheer, where Santa and Mrs. Claus will have ‘Meet & Greets’ with all their guests and pose for photos. Guests are welcome to bring their cameras.
- Share the Merry Collection Collectable Tin – it’s a collectible holiday themed tin filled with Hoffman’s Chocolates Peppermint Bark. Hoffman’s Chocolates is donating $2.00 from the sale of each tin to the non-profit Little Smiles, a non-profit organization that helps caring professionals bring joy to children at Palm Beach Children’s Hospital.
- Little Smiles Toy Drive – Hoffman’s Chocolates locations in Broward and Palm Beach Counties will be collecting toys for Little Smiles.
2018 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Delray/Boynton Beach
*25th Anniversary Delray Beach 100ft Christmas Tree- Lighting November 29th 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Open until Jan. 1st, 2018; Tree is open daily. Full schedule available HERE. November 20th-December 23rd, visit Santa right next to the Christmas Tree!
Boynton Beach & Delray Beach 47th Annual Holiday Boat Parade on Friday – December 14th at 6:30-9:30 p.m.
- The Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency and the City of Delray Beach invite you to celebrate the holiday season Florida style with the Boynton Beach & Delray Beach Holiday Boat Parade! This flotilla of brightly-decorated boats will line up at the Lantana Bridge near Old Key Lime House and motor south at 6:30 p.m. along the Intracoastal Waterway to the C-15 canal in Delray.
- The South Florida holiday events at the Boynton Harbor Marina starts at 6:00 p.m. with live music setting the stage for the parade. This holiday illumination show can be viewed in Boynton Beach at Intracoastal Park, Jaycee Park and in Delray Beach from Veterans Park. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots.
Delray Beach Holiday Street Parade
- Delray Beach Holiday Parade is Saturday, December 8th at 6:00 p.m. and begins on East Atlantic Ave. and heads west through the Downtown Delray Beach.
2018 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Boca Raton
*City of Boca Raton’s and Mizner Park’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony | November 21st, 5:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- A series of winter holiday festivities including parades, concerts and more kicks off with a free Holiday Festival culminating with the tree lighting at the Mizner Park Amphitheater.
*The City of Boca Raton’s 48th Annual Holiday Street Parade
- Themed “Broadway To Boca,” the Boca Raton Holiday Street Parade will light up Downtown Boca on Wednesday, December 5th from 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. The parade will move from SE 5th Street to North Mizner Park Boulevard with grandstand viewing at Sanborn Square.
- Federal Highway from Glades Road to Camino Real will close in both directions from 5:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. that evening.
- Attendees of events in Downtown Boca are encouraged to walk, bike, carpool and use free parking at City Hall, the Boca Raton Library and new Downtown Boca Library. For more information visit www.myboca.us or call 561-393-7807.
*It’s time for holiday photos with Santa at the Town Center Mall!
Santa will be at the Nordstrom Courtyard through December 24th. For times, visit: Town Center Mall Santa Claus
- Children will have the opportunity to visit with Santa and have their photo taken with him. Town Center at Boca Raton will make necessary adjustments to the environment to support the sensory, physical and other developmental needs of children of all abilities for this special event. Caring Santa is coming for a visit on Sunday, December 2, from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.!
Pet Photos with Santa
- Bring your furry friend for photos with Santa on Sunday, December 9, from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.!
Join Sponsor Modern Boca Mom at Piles of Smiles Snow Day & Holiday fun-tacular Winter Activities at Sugar Sand Park!
- Experience a South Florida rarity…SNOW! On Saturday, December 15 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., children ages 5 to 10 will enjoy playing in 25 tons of “real” snow at the 7th annual Snow Day: Piles of Smiles event.
- Advance reservations are required for snow play. The cost is $12 per child, $15 beginning December 4, and also includes access to all the other “cool” winter activities. Reservations can be booked in advance online or at the Willow Theatre Box Office. Space is limited. One free adult event admission with each paid child’s wristband; each additional adult admission is $5. www.SugarSandPark.org
The Snow Day event kicks off Sugar Sand Park’s Holiday Fun-tacular winter programs – a series of winter break specialty programs & activities while the kids are out of school from December 22 through January 6.
Holiday Fun-tacular includes:
- Kids Day In…Parents Day Out
- A family movie
- Winter Play for the Wee Ones
- Noon Year’s Eve Party
- Playground Playdate
- Winter-themed Art Class
- Slime, Sand, & Swirls Art Projects
- The Snow Queen, The Muttville Comix and Fushu Daiko in the Willow Theatre
Lynn University’s Gingerbread Holiday Concert
- Parents, grandparents and kids of all ages sing along to the season’s classics performed by the Lynn Philharmonia. This annual event raises scholarship funds for the conservatory’s deserving and talented student-musicians who hail from all over the world.
Sunday, Dec. 9
2 p.m. Pictures with Santa
3 p.m. Philharmonia Performance
$35 general admission: More Information Here!
Come out to the Boca Raton Children’s Museum for a Family Friendly celebration of the Holidays!
- December 8th from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Bounce House, Arts&Crafts, Raffles, Games, Fire Truck, visits with Santa, and much more!
Tuba Christmas | Sunday, December 9th; Doors: 4:00 p.m., Music: 5:00 p.m.
- Enjoy the tradition of holiday music performed by tubas and euphoniums, started by Indiana University Professor Harvey G. Phillips. FAU brings this tradition to the Boca Raton community for its sixth annual presentation.
- Celebrating its 44th year, Merry Tuba Christmas Concerts will be presented in 250 cities throughout the world this holiday season and is FREE and open to the public!
Chanukah Under the Stars
On December 7th, Temple Beth El of Boca Raton will be celebrating Chanukah this year with its signature Chanukah Under the Stars event from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. This FREE community event will be a beautiful evening under the night sky, as members from the local South Florida Jewish community come together to celebrate the joyous holiday of Chanukah.
Starting at 5:00 pm, prior to the main Chanukah and Shabbat Service, the event will include a children’s area with bounce houses, face painting, crafts and PJ Library storytelling, followed by a Chanukah Tot Shabbat and songfest.
During this time, there will be a variety of dinner and snack food for purchase including traditional potato pancakes (latkes) of many varieties! The Chanukah and Shabbat service will then begin at 7:30 pm and will feature the temple clergy. Event seating is available at a first come, first served basis. Free and open to the public, no ticket required: https://www.myboca.us/1035/FAQs
*Head to the Boca Raton Boat Parade- Modern Boca Mom is a judge again this year!!!
- On Saturday, December 22, 2018 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. Intracoastal Waterway starting at the C-15 canal (Boca Raton-Delray Beach city limits) traveling south to Hillsboro Bridge. Entering your boat in the 42nd Annual Boca Raton Holiday Boat Parade is the perfect way to experience the Holiday season!
- Enjoy the parade, food, and drinks from Red Reef Park (west), the Wild Flower Property, or Silver Palm Park viewing areas.
ESTIMATED BRIDGE CLOSING TIMES
• 6:50 – Spanish River
• 7:20 – Palmetto Park
• 7:30 – Camino Real
(Bridges are held in the up position for approximately 45 minutes)
*Movie Night Elf at Mizner Park Amphitheater on December 14th from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Seating: Guests are welcome to bring a chair or blanket. Chairs will also be for rent inside the venue for $5 cash.
- Ticket Pricing: No ticket required
- For venue FAQs :https://www.myboca.us/1035/FAQs
- On December 3rd from 6:00p.m.-9:00p.m., drop off your toy! The day is coming fast for this year’s Santa Toy Delivery. This is the evening to drop off your wrapped gift which will then be delivery to your house by Santa in a Fire Engine.
- Go to santa.bocacares.org for all the information!
2018 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Ft. Lauderdale
- THE POLAR EXPRESS 3D: This 2004 American Christmas 3D animated musical fantasy film is based on the 1985 children’s book of the same name by Chris Van Allsburg. Starring Tom Hanks, the film features human characters animated using the live action performance capture technique.
- RUN DATES: One show daily. Saturdays and Sundays, November 10 through December 8, 2018.
- NORTH POLE PAJAMA PARTY: Mom, dad and the kids are invited to the North Pole Pajama Party! Includes Holiday Science Show, cupcakes to decorate, hot chocolate, and holiday activity stations including making frozen concoctions of elf ice cream, an edible train design workshop, and mapping the North Pole. Children are encouraged to wear their pajamas or elf costumes. After the party, head over to the IMAX Theater to see The Polar Express 3D. And when the movie is over, spend the rest of the day exploring the museum. Offered at 10:00 a.m. on November 17 and 24 and December 2 and 8, 2018.
- Polar Express, Fair Superslide, Sun Sentinel kids town, iFly virtual tent, face painting, sampling, massages and much more. Photo opps with mascots and Santa to name a few. Free entertainment! Ohhh – and a REAL Ice Rink from the Florida Panthers (Fee to skate) at Huizenga Plaza presented by Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital.
Christmas on Las Olas
- On Tuesday, November 27th Las Olas Boulevard will transform into an urban winter wonderland and celebrate its 56th year creating holiday magic in downtown Fort Lauderdale! Christmas on Las Olas is a timeless tradition and a wonderful kick-off to the holiday season that can be enjoyed by all ages.
- The event runs from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. between S.E. 6th Avenue and S.E. 11th Avenue, and is free and open to the public. Local choirs from schools and churches fill the air with the sounds of the holidays from 3 stages while crowds fill their bellies with sips and sweets!
NightGarden at Miami’s Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden
The first ever NightGarden makes its debut this holiday season to transform Miami’s Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden into an illuminated wonderland at night. Locals, visitors and guests of all ages can journey through spectacular lighting displays, awe-inspiring special effects, motion-sensing technology, illuminated mazes, state-of-the-art outdoor holograms, sculptures and more unbelievable surprises around every corner. The experience opens to the public on Nov. 23 and runs through Jan. 6, 2019.
The NightGarden is an immersive night attraction that blends entertainment, unique photo-worthy moments, a variety of local food options and fun for all through a stunning experience created by leading artists, sculptors and designers. Visit www.TheNightGarden.com for more information!
- Munoz Photography Holiday Sessions! December 1st & 2nd
Pin for later!