In an effort to save our collective parental holiday sanity, MBMom has consolidated the BEST 2017 South Florida Holiday Events into a handy guide (***to be updated regularly***), with a star* next to the ones my family and I hope to bump into you while attending.
They are organized from north to south for your convenience. Happy Holiday Season MBMoms!
2017 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: West Palm Beach
- *This December, the City of West Palm Beach is rolling out the red carpet for one of the BIGGEST celebrities ever during Holiday in Paradise. Taking center stage on the West Palm Beach Waterfront is Sandi, the World’s ONLY 600-ton sand tree. Truly the star of the show, Sandi is a staggering 35 feet tall and dazzles crowds with nightly music and light shows starting at the November 30th Clematis by Night Tree Lighting, through New Year’s Day.
- Sandi’s phenomenal supporting cast includes four additional, award-worthy sand sculptures and tons of FREE family fun including a backstage peek in Sandi’s Dressing Room and the whimsical SnowieVille, where kids can build a tropical snowman. The popular Glow FORE It 9-hole Mini Golf returns to the Waterfront along with over a dozen of your favorite City events.
- Sandi shares the limelight with unique holiday happenings in Downtown West Palm Beach, Northwood Village, and the Historic Northwest District. Get more information HERE.
- Sandi Light Shows– Lights, Cameras, Action! See Sandi… the Star of the Show! Sandi comes to life nightly during music and light shows on the quarter hour, starting at 6:15 p.m. SHOWTIMES:
- Sunday-Thursday: 6:15-10:00 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday: 6:15-11:00 p.m.
(Show times subject to adjustment during special events.)
- Breakfast with Santa at the Palm Beach Zoo (3 available seating’s)! It’s a holiday tradition at Palm Beach Zoo that sells out every year, so make your reservation today! Highlights include a hot breakfast buffet, up-close animal encounters, photo opportunities with Santa & Mrs. Claus – PLUS – crafts, and complimentary rides on the Wildlife Carousel.This year’s seatings are:
- Saturday, December 16th – 8:30 a.m.
- Sunday, December 17th – 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday, December 23rd – 8:30 a.m.
Advance reservations are required. Seating is limited. Find pricing and additional info here: http://www.palmbeachzoo.org/breakfast-with-santa-2017?returnTo=main
You’ll find everything on this year’s holiday list at The Gardens Mall. Santa’s grand arrival on Friday, November 17th kicks off a festive season of events with something for every member of the family, including the dog! Along with outstanding retail and dining options, visitors to The Gardens Mall can enjoy performances of The Nutcracker, photos with Santa, complimentary gift wrapping, ornament decorating, and ways to support charitable organizations in our community.
For all the information visit: The Gardens Mall
Downtown at The Gardens’ Holiday Light Show and Tree Lighting on November 25th from 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. More Information HERE!
- Breakfast with Santa at the Palm Beach Outlets on December 2nd from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- The Palm Beach Post Sunday on the Waterfront: Aloha Islanders Holiday Spectacular Sunday, December 17th; 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. at West Palm Beach Waterfront – Palm Stage (by Sandi)
- A highlight – and a do-not-miss of the show – is the “Big Kahuna” – where one lucky male fan is pulled on stage and dressed in traditional hula garb, including a coconut bikini top and traditional grass hula skirt!
- In addition, guests can participate in a Conch Blowing Contest, where the City awards prizes – and anyone from the audience can participate (with advanced registration required on-site). The Aloha Islanders men give a conch blowing demonstration prior to the contest to help the contestants learn – and then they put their skills to the test!
- Palm Beach Outlets Celebrate Chanukah on December 17th from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Menorah lighting at 5.30 p.m. followed by light refreshments, music and entertainment. Free event!
2017 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Delray Beach/Boynton Beach
- Delray Beach 100ft Christmas Tree- Lighting November 30th. Open until Jan. 1st, 2018; Tree is open daily. Full schedule available HERE.
- Santa Claus will sleigh into Boynton Beach Mall to help shoppers celebrate the season with a variety of family friendly events, entertainment and opportunities to give back to others. Santa’s Arrival Party – Saturday, November 25th, at 10:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.; Photo Experience through December 24th in Center Court. As a kick-off to the season, children and their families can experience the magic of the holiday season during Santa’s Arrival Party on November 25th. Families are invited to join everyone’s favorite man in red as he strolls through the mall spreading cheer for his grand arrival with treats and refreshments provided by Restore Coffee Roasters. Don’t forget your photos! Santa will preside over Center Court for keepsake memories until December 24th.
- KidX Club’s Storytime with Santa – Saturday, December 19th, at 1:00 p.m. Boynton Beach Mall invites all of Santa’s little helpers to celebrate the fun and joy of the holidays with KidX Club’s Storytime with Santa. Kids will enjoy a story by Santa and/or Mrs. Claus in the play area.
- Boynton Beach & Delray Beach 46th Annual Holiday Boat Parade on Friday – December 8th at 6:00 p.m. The Boynton Beach Community Redevelopment Agency and the City of Delray Beach invite you to celebrate the holiday season Florida style with the Boynton Beach & Delray Beach Holiday Boat Parade! This flotilla of brightly-decorated boats will line up at the Lantana Bridge near Old Key Lime House and motor south at 6:30 p.m. along the Intracoastal Waterway to the C-15 canal in Delray. The South Florida holiday events at the Boynton Harbor Marina starts at 6:00 p.m. with live music setting the stage for the parade. This holiday illumination show can be viewed in Boynton Beach at Intracoastal Park, Jaycee Park and in Delray Beach from Veterans Park. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy for Toys for Tots.
The City of Boynton Beach invites the community to the 47th Annual Holiday Parade on Saturday, December 2nd at 4:00 pm. This traveling parade rolls north on Federal Hwy from SE 12th Ave to Ocean Avenue. Come cheer on local schools and organizations as they celebrate the holiday with this great annual tradition. The parade will highlight local high school marching bands, costumed characters, floats, drill teams, dance groups and a special appearance by Santa. More Information Here!
Holiday 2017 celebrates the season Saturday, December 2nd at 5:30 pm as this tradition continues for the 47th year to provide a magical experience for the entire family. The tree lighting ceremony of Boynton’s 50-foot holiday tree will light up at 6:30 pm followed by a concert. Holiday photo op with Santa, children activities, holiday vendors for gifts and food & beverage vendors will be available. The public is invited to come out and enjoy this free event at the Ocean Avenue Amphitheatre located at 129 East Ocean Avenue.
Carols by Candlelight is on Saturday December 3rd at 7:00 p.m.; tickets $15 (general); $5 (student); $100 (VIP – includes reserved seating area, complimentary beer, wine and light bites; exclusive cash bar; table service and a Meet & Greet with the artists).
Get into the holiday spirit with a new concert experience that will become a community tradition! Carols by Candlelight, which began in San Diego, was created in 1990 by Steve Vaus and Wayne Nelson with the goal of making a life-changing difference in the lives of children. Over the years, Carols by Candlelight has featured pop and country stars singing Christmas Carols along with their biggest hits. Thanks to Wayne and Rhonda Nelson, who call South Florida home when they’re not traveling with the Little River Band, Carols by Candlelight is making its debut in Delray Beach! Local talent and national acts including the Little River Band and others will light up the Pavilion stage with songs of the season and pop/country hits. This promises to be a magical evening for the entire family! More Information Here!
December 9th at 6:00 p.m., the Delray Beach Holiday Parade will begin east of the Intracoastal and continuing west to the Fire Dept! Through a special connection to the North Pole, the Delray Beach Fire Department will have Santa riding along on their Fire Truck. Downtown Delray Beach
Saturday November 18th from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. A fun and festive event for the whole family at Delray Marketplace!
• Tree Lighting at Dusk
• Color Guard Tribute to Veterans and First Responders and National Anthem Performance
• Trackless Train
• Hot Cocoa
• Local Dignitaries
• Samples from Select Restaurants
- Chanukah Celebration on December 13th from 5:30 – 8:00 p.m. at the Delray Marketplace. More Information HERE!
2017 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Boca Raton
- *November 22nd, 5:30 – 8:30 p.m., Mizner Park Amphitheater (MPA). A series of winter holiday festivities including parades, concerts and more kicks off with a free Holiday Festival culminating with the City of Boca Raton’s and Mizner Park’s annual tree lighting ceremony.
- *Polar Express December 22nd, 5:30 p.m., Mizner Park Amphitheater (MPA). Train rides, pizza, popcorn, hot chocolate and a showing of the “Polar Express” movie at 6:30 p.m. Wear pajamas and bring blankets and chairs!
- Boca Raton Resort and Club invites you and your family to experience a magical holiday season of South Florida holiday events. Leave the winter coats behind and let the warm temperatures welcome you to beautiful, sunny South Florida during the most wonderful time of the year. The best one by far? Christmas Tree Lighting & Festivities on Friday, November 25th at 6:00 p.m. A spectacular holiday family celebration at the Resort’s Front Courtyard. The music of All-Star acapella group VoicePlay kicks off the evening, plus games, holiday crafts, colorful characters, photo opportunities and a sack full of family fun! Complimentary cookies, hot chocolate and egg nog. The festivities conclude with the arrival of Santa Claus and festive photo ops will follow, accompanied by special costumed characters.
- *Jingle All The Way to the Boca Center’s Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration on November 11th from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Guests will enjoy holiday performances by local choirs and Christmas carolers, photos with Santa and other fun holiday surprises for the whole family. This event is open to the public with 100% of ticket proceeds donated to the Junior League of Boca Raton, a local non-profit group dedicated to developing the potential of women and improving the local Boca community.General admission is a new, unwrapped toy to be given in donation to the Spirit of Giving Network. For a list of recommended toys, please visit https://goo.gl/V8b54a. VIP seating may be purchased for $25 and the VIP lounge for $50 each. Tickets are limited and are expected to sellout. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit https://www.jlbr.org/jingle-all-the-way/.
*The City of Boca Raton’s 47th Annual Holiday Street Parade, themed “Light Up Boca,” will light up Downtown Boca on Wednesday, December 6th from 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. The parade will move from SE 5th Street to North Mizner Park Boulevard with grandstand viewing at Sanborn Square.
Federal Highway from Glades Road to Camino Real will close in both directions from 5:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m. that evening.
Attendees of events in Downtown Boca are encouraged to walk, bike, carpool and use free parking at City Hall, the Boca Raton Library and new Downtown Boca Library.
For more information visit www.myboca.us or call 561-393-7807.
- *Modern Boca Mom herself will be a “celebrity” guest judge at the 2017 Boca Raton Boat Parade! Join me at Red Reef Park for all of the festivities!
*It’s time for holiday photos with Santa at the Town Center Mall! Santa will be at the Nordstrom Courtyard from November 11th through December 24th. For times, visit: Town Center Mall Santa Claus
Snow Day Event & Holiday fun-tacular Winter Activities at Sugar Sand Park. Sugar Sand Park Community Center invites your family to experience a South Florida rarity…SNOW! On Saturday, December 16 from 10am-4pm, children ages 5 to 12 will enjoy playing in 25 tons of “real” snow at the 7th annual Snow Day: Piles of Smiles event. Advance reservations are required for snow play. The cost is $12 per child, $15 beginning December 4, and also includes access to all the other “cool” winter activities. Reservations can be booked in advance online or at the Willow Theatre Box Office. Space is limited. One free adult event admission with each paid child’s wristband; each additional adult admission is $5. www.SugarSandPark.org
The Snow Day event kicks off our Holiday Fun-tacular winter programs – a series of winter break specialty programs & activities while the kids are out of school from December 22 through January 6.
Holiday Fun-tacular includes:
· Kids Day In…Parents Day Out
· A family movie
· Winter Play for the Wee Ones
· Noon Year’s Eve Party
· Playground Playdate
· Winter-themed Art Class
· Slime, Sand, & Swirls Art Projects
· The Snow Queen, The Muttville Comix,
and Fushu Daiko in the Willow Theatre
15th Annual Gingerbread Holiday Concert on December 10th. Lynn University’s annual Gingerbread Holiday Concert at the Boca Raton Resort and Club attracts friends and families of all ages to enjoy musical classics of the season. Lynn Conservatory of Music Dean Jon Robertson will lead the university’s Philharmonia in this pops concert. The event will also include a special piece from Disney’s Frozen, an appearance by princess Elsa and photos with Santa. Event proceeds benefit the Lynn Conservatory of Music, which provides scholarships to talented student musicians who often graduate with positions at the world’s top orchestras.
- Sunday: 2 p.m., photos with Santa
- Sunday: 3 p.m., holiday concert
- Presented by the Lynn University Friends of the Conservatory of Music
Location: Boca Raton Resort and Club Great Hall (501 E. Camino Real)
Tickets: $35, general admission
2017 South Florida Holiday Events Guide: Ft. Lauderdale
The Center, formerly known as the Coral Springs Center for the Arts is hosting Family-Friendly events December 5th-17th, including Holiday on the Square (a Winter Wonderland & Evening Light Show), The Festival of Trees & a Heart-Stirring Hope for the Holidays Gala that will raise much-needed funds for the Children’s Oncology Group, the world’s leader in pediatric cancer research.
Tickets to Holiday on the Square and The Festival of Trees are only $2 per person. Tickets to the Hope for the Holidays Gala are $80 each or $150 for a pair, and are available by calling THE CENTER’s Box Office at 954-344-5990 or by going online to: www.TheCenterCS.com
Gulfstream Park’s Symphony of Lights, a popular holiday tradition, will once again light up South Florida from Friday, November 24th–Sunday, December 31st! Taking place nightly from 6–11 p.m., the annual event is certain to bring out the holiday spirit in all who participate. Gulfstream Park is South Florida’s premier entertainment destination, located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, anchored by the legendary Gulfstream racetrack.
The Symphony of Lights kicks off on Friday, Nov. 24 from 5–10 p.m. during its opening night. Free fun-filled activities for the entire family will include:
- Selfies with Santa and Mrs. Claus
- Interactive DJ
- Stilt jumpers
- Juggling acts
- Face painters
- Tattoo artists
- Train rides
- Symphony of Lights show, featuring thousands of lights, decorating a 50-foot tree, synchronized to holiday music, taking place every hour on the hour starting at 5 p.m.
For more information, please visit www.gulfstreampark.com or call 954-454-7000.
- 55th Christmas on Las Olas Tuesday November 28th from 5:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. Las Olas Boulevard will transform into an urban winter wonderland and celebrate its 55th year creating holiday magic in downtown Fort Lauderdale! Christmas on Las Olas is a timeless tradition and a wonderful kick-off to the holiday season that can be enjoyed by all ages. FREE Event! More Information HERE!
- Seminole Hardrock Winter Boat Fest Parade December 9th starting in the Downtown Area at 6:30 p.m. The Boat Parade will stage on the New River in downtown Fort Lauderdale, along the docks west of Stranahan House to the Broward Center for the Performing Arts. The Parade travels East to the Intracoastal Waterway as it continues North to Lake Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach. It’s 12 Miles of the “Greatest Show on H20.” The parade takes approximately 2 and 1/2 hours to view from one location (starting locations stagger as you travel north – please look at the bridge closings on this website).
Polar Express: An IMAX® 3D Experience
Friday, December 1 & 8, 2017 1:50 p.m. & 3:45 p.m.
Saturday, December 2 & 9, 2017 1:45 p.m. & 3:50 p.m.
Sunday, December 3 & 10, 2017 1:05 p.m. & 3:00 p.m.
Monday, December 4 – Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:50 p.m. & 3:45 p.m.
Monday, December 11- Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:50 p.m.& 3:45 p.m.
Thursday, December 14, 2017 1:50 p.m.
IMAX only: $15 Adults; $12 Children 2-12; $12 Military
IMAX and Exhibits: $23 Adults; $18 Children 2-12; $18 military
Call 954.713.0930 for Advance Tickets
Purchase tickets at http://www.mods.org/IMAX/
The Polar Express Family Overnight
Starts at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 2 and ends Sunday, December 3, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. Families can experience the magic of The Polar Express 3D on the BIGGEST screen in South Florida, enjoy pizza dinner, participate in holiday activities and spend the night at the Museum. Call 954.713.0930 to purchase your golden ticket, $48 per person.
Polar Express Weekends December 2 & 3 and 9 & 10, 2017
· Take your photo with Elves as they tinker around the Museum
· Make edible marshmallow snowmen
· Enjoy the Nitro Show exploring the colder side of science and Kaboom Show on plasma and colored gases in an explosive demonstration.