Mom-ming in the digital (and pandemic) age definitely has both its perks and drawbacks. We’ve all seen the crowd-sourcing posts in social media moms’ groups. You know the ones… One mom takes a picture of a nasty rash on her baby, then crowd-sources the answers as to what it is. (They usually contain a range of diagnoses from hand, foot and mouth, to poison ivy, and now to COVID-19). Or even the health questions your mother-in-law thinks she has all the answers to. Even though they’re from raising a baby 30+ years ago. While it’s definitely useful to have “a village” helping you raise your child, health is far too important a topic right now to crowd-source or seek answers from non-experts. That’s when a pediatrician in your pocket comes in really handy…
Because where’s a mama to turn in this digital age of unsolicited advice?
Luckily, in Boca Raton, we’ve got the very best option…your board-certified Pediatrician. And not just for your scheduled visits to the office, either. At Boca VIPediatrics, Drs. Chad Rudnick, MD, Paul Gilbert, MD and Scott Fisch, DO have turned the traditional model of pediatric care on its head. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you have your family’s very own board-certified pediatrician in your pocket.
And let’s get real…when it comes to your child’s health during 2020 (and beyond), your go-to trusted source should always be your Pediatrician.
New/Updated Safety Measures at Boca VIPediatrics
- In addition to Boca VIPediatrics’ in-room HEPA air purifiers, they have also installed a next generation, state-of-the-art whole office air purifier which is able to reach all areas of their office. This air purification system is designed to remove and neutralize bacteria, viruses, mold, and pollen from air and surfaces, killing over 99% of all virus particles.
- There will NEVER be a wait time at their office and you will always be escorted directly to the exam room. There is no sign-in process/communal pens/sign-in sheets upon entering because they truly know all families by name and face! They also always schedule just one family per doctor at a time.
- Telemedicine/Virtual Visits have always been a huge hallmark of Boca VIPediatrics. Their doctors even undergo specific telemedicine training! With “pediatrician in your pocket” care, VIP families can reach their family’s own Board-Certified Pediatrician 24/7 directly to their cell phone. They are able to provide virtual visits in many instances to save your family a trip from coming to the office!
- For new babies, Boca VIPediatrics performs house calls for the first newborn visit once your family is discharged from the hospital. The doctor will arrive to your home in full PPE and shoe covers.
- For those who prefer, Boca VIPediatrics is able to provide drive-thru vaccines for certain immunizations, with the discussion portion of the visit done over phone or video conferencing.
- In order to minimize risk to everyone, certain illnesses will be seen and evaluated with “curbside care” at this time. This would be determined on an individual basis, after first discussing with your pediatrician.
Having a pediatrician in your pocket is just another way Boca moms who are a part of Boca VIPediatrics have it made!
Prior to the pandemic, I reached out to Dr. Rudnick, founder of Boca VIPediatrics, to see just what the most F.A.Q.s via text/email were. Here’s what he had to say:
What is this rash?
How annoying is it to drive your Boca kid to the doctor’s office for every single freaky looking rash that pops up on their little body?
“We get a variety of rashes, skin bumps, bug bites, bruises, and all kinds of ‘what is this?’ type questions from parents. Whether they have a new baby at home, or a toddler who picks something up at preschool, or even kids away at sleep-away camp, having us a text message, phone call, or email away to look at a photo, diagnose a rash, and call in a prescription (if needed) all handled virtually is a time saver, money saver, and sanity saver!” says Dr. Rudnick.
What do you think about this cough?
Coughs can be scary especially with COVID-19 lurking around. What starts out as a little throat tickle can lead to croup, pneumonia, or asthma attacks. “Having your pediatrician in your pocket to diagnose and treat a cough can save an ER visit for sure,” Dr. Rudnick says. “With the help of some awesome telemedicine tools, I can start treatment right when a cough starts or begins to go south. It’s truly how we can help get kids better, faster by being available 24/7. And not waiting for an office visit to begin a treatment plan…”
I have a question about sleep, behavior, breastfeeding, development, etc.
“This is a big one,” says Dr. Rudnick. “Most busy practices don’t have time to be thorough in guiding parents on wellness. At Boca VIPediatrics, this is a staple. We don’t just want to treat kids when they’re sick. We want to be sure they’re staying healthy.”
Not only do patients of Boca VIPediatrics have longer appointments, they also can reach Dr. Rudnick, Dr. Gilbert or Dr. Fisch for questions that pop up in between visits. “Having your questions answered about sleep tips, behavior coaching, or nutrition virtually leads to more confident parenting and less stress. They say children don’t come with a manual. But with our practice, it’s better than a manual. It’s a doc in your pocket!”
Do I need to come into the office?
Sometimes a parent’s most debated question is the all-too-familiar, “should we take him/her to the doctor?” And right now, this is not a family’s top preference. VIPs at Boca VIPediatrics always have the answer, because they can literally ask the doctor first. “By being available via phone, email, and text, I can always talk with a parent first to hear the symptoms, see a video or photo, and tell them if they need to come in or not. I always trust a mother’s intuition above all else. But if they’re not certain, that’s where having a pediatrician in your pocket comes in handy,” says Dr. Rudnick. “Oftentimes, I can save an office visit or even an emergency room visit just by being available to my patients,” he continues.
Ummm – saving a doctor’s office or ER visit?! Game-changer!
As moms, I think we are unbelievably lucky to be living in a world with digital tools that help keep our kids safe and healthy. Just think–our parents were so isolated! They didn’t have Facebook or Instagram to connect with other moms in the area…and they definitely didn’t have a pediatrician in their pocket. That’s where us Boca Raton moms, even in 2020, are luckiest of all!
Sponsored: This post was sponsored by Boca VIPediatrics. All opinions expressed in this blog post are my own and not influenced in any way by the sponsor. Any statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with provider. Please refer to this site’s Disclosure for more information. I was compensated for this post, but all opinions are mine.